Thursday, May 14, 2009

Friday 05/08/09 Fishing report

I got off work 7:00 p.m. friday night. Rushed home with plans to go fishing, hardcore fishing. I had hotdog, Secret 7, and fresh caught shad for bait. Made it out to the lake by 8:15. My mother, my father, and my girlfriend were with me. We put the boat in at Meadowmere park on the SW side of Grapevine Lake. Our plan was to run up to where Marshal Creek/Denton Creek come into the lake. I had heard report of lots of fish and big fish being caught in this area. Before we left we saw that a storm had started to form 75 miles west of us and was heading towards us slowly. We didnt want to get caught on the lake with a possible severe thunderstorm about to hit. We stopped about 1/2 between were we put in, and where we wanted to fish. We found some flooded grass that looked promising. After baiting 2 lines with secret 7(mine and my girlfriends), and 2 lines with shad(my mom's and my dad's) we began to fish and watch the lightning head our way. It only took about 15 minutes before my girlfriend had a fish on. She caught about a 2# bluecatfish. About 10 minutes later she had another bluecat about 2# in the boat. Shortly after that my dad yells "Fish on!!". He managed to get a 3.5# blue catfish into the boat. I missed a run on secret 7 and I had also put a second rod with shad out which had a run I missed. Shortly after that my mom boated a 1# channel catfish. I caught a 10 inch channel catfish on secret 7 and missed another heavy bite on my shad pole. My girlfriend ended up catching one more undersize channel. The lightning was getting close so we decided to call it a night for saftey reasons. We were only fishing for around and hour and had boated 4 keepers.

No comments:

Post a Comment